I’ve spent my entire career obsessively trying to “learn how to draw” when I should’ve just been drawing. Always thinking “I just need to get a little better… and then I’ll start working on (insert any of a hundred personal projects)”
The fact is that i’ve been good enough since my teens- and would’ve improved so much more rapidly had my study been in the service of any of those projects- and not in the dozens of sketchbooks pilled in my closet.
Lesson: Don’t use “learning” as an excuse to avoid “doing”.
Link (via faitherinhicks)
TRUTH. Conditions are never perfect, timing is never right. Get started now!
THIS IS FOR ME.
- randomanimalsound reblogged this from unassumingpumpkin
- randomanimalsound likes this
- rinforzando reblogged this from zeeenya
- rinforzando likes this
- hiei-and-shino reblogged this from datingwally
- hiei-and-shino likes this
- Show more notes